Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Southwest Center for Independent Living (SCIL). Below you will find information about jobs and a link to our application for employment. If you have any questions, please contact us at 417-886-1188 or at email@example.com.
SCIL is a not-for-profit organization that constantly looks for new programs and services we can offer. Because of this, we review applications regularly to find the best candidates to implement and assist in making our programs and services successful. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and highly encourage individuals with disabilities to apply. We gladly take applications at any time.
SCIL Employment Opportunities:
LPN Needed (Part-Time)
The Southwest Center for Independent Living (SCIL) is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to assist in its expanding home and community-based in-home services.
Qualified individuals should have:
- Current LPN license in good standing.
- Current Basic Life Support CPR Certification
- One year of verifiable experience with direct care of disabled or elderly individuals.
- Team player. Ability and desire to work with a diverse group of individuals and talents to complete projects.
- Ability to organize and plan multitude of tasks, projects and information. Must be able to stay focused and follow-up on assigned responsibilities independent of direct supervision.
- Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal.
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and have strong initiative.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must possess accurate record-keeping skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills with the ability to manage difficult situations.
- Must be able to effectively listen and perform client assessment.
- Computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and case management data systems.
- Flexibility in dealing with job functions and schedules.
Please fax resumes to 417-886-3619. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SCIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin or disability. www.swcil.org.
Download the appropriate application and print.
In-Home Services Aides
The In-Home Services Personal Care Aide is responsible for assisting clients in their homes with personal care and activities of daily living. Our In-Home Aides cover three counties: Greene, Christian, and Polk. These include bathing, hygiene, meal preparation, light housekeeping, ambulation, eating, dressing, and physical transfer. Responsibilities include observation of client, encouraging self-care, and reporting changes or concerns to the In-Home Services Certified Manager/RN. Please call (417) 886-1188 for more information.
Consumer Directed Services (CDS) Personal Attendants
A Personal Attendant is an individual who is hired, trained and supervised by a person with a disability (the consumer) to help with routines and tasks of daily living. SCIL’s CDS program is available for consumers in our eight county area (Christian, Dallas, Greene, Lawrence, Polk, Stone, Taney and Webster) and we are regularly looking for Personal Attendants. For more information about becoming a CDS Personal Attendant and/or to fill out an attendant application, go HERE.