Links to resources and other organizations advocating for people with disabilities:
- Cover Missouri's guide to Healthcare Reform
- Disability Coalition on Healthcare Reform (DCHR)
- Read more about home and community based services and national reform from Familes USA Health Reform!
- Read Steve Gold's Latest Update on National Reform
- Summary of final coverage provisions: http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/8023-R.pdf
- Implementation timeline: http://www.kff.org/healthreform/8060.cfm
- Reconciliation bill improvements: http://docs.house.gov/energycommerce/KEYIMPROVEMENTS.pdf
- Implementation timeline: http://docs.house.gov/energycommerce/IMMEDIATE_PROVISIONS.pdf
- Recent reports on preexisting conditions: Missouri Report National Report
A great way to educate your community about why healthcare reform is important is to you is to write letters to the editor of newspapers.
- Click here to check out our "How to Be Your Own Advocate" booklet for more tips on writing letters and local media info!
- Click for sample media from fellow disability advocate!
- Click here for Springfield News-Leader Letter To The Editor page!
If you need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 417-886-1188 (TTY and voice) and ask for the Public Policy Advocate.
SCIL is a member of the Disability Coalition on Healthcare Reform (DCHR). We feel that in our current economy, we cannot afford not to provide guaranteed, affordable healthcare coverage with a choice of public and private plans that covers all medically necessary services.
- Click here to read DCHR's one pager on why healthcare reform is important for people with disabilities!
- Click here for more info on the Disability Coalition on Healthcare Reform!
Links to National Groups working on Healthcare Reform!